Friday, May 27, 2011

Forgetting the Before: JWC Shtuff

*Aw man!*
I didnt get a picture for this week either...
I was just SO EXCITED to hand over my Presidential duties that I gave the notebook away without even snapping a photo!

For years, the President of the Junior Woman's Club here has had a notebook with all the info she needed to get through the year smoothly....until last year, my year. It went missing!?
Also for years, one President has passed on several boxes of "shtuff" that has pretty much just sat in garage after garage. 
So...here is what I did:
- For the President notebook, I typed all the info I thought was important in a 3-ring binder. I added a planning calendar. I also added business cards for important contacts. I made lists and noted helpful tips. Hopefully this one won't get lost!
- As far as the boxes...I went through each of them. I discarded old, unimportant papers and stuff. I put all the "history" type items in a both that is now stored at the Woman's Club building. I gave a box of useful papers and items to the new President.
- I made folders for each Board member that had their responsibilities listed.
- I also made folders or notebooks for the chair of each of our projects or community outreach committees. I asked them to keep track of the info they use for planning so it can be passed to the next chair person.

It is my hope that this organization will help the club continue to grow, run smoothly and make the President's job easier!




This post is a part of the 52 Weeks of Organizing challenge I am doing with I'm an Organizing Junkie

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Awesome job! The Junior Woman's Club is sure lucky to have you! Having been part of our Girl Scout Service Unit's Service Team for more than 10 years, I know how "shtuff" can pile up and passed on from one team member to another. I KNOW how much this is appreciated. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I tried to comment on this once, but something wasn't working that day. Great job on organizing all the club papers. Really great leadership contribution!! You will shine when it's time to lead scouts or 4-H as your kids get older.

    ReplyDelete